I have been highly skeptical of Vitamin D for a long time, for numerous reasons.
1. It is rat poison, and is still sold as rat poison. Poisons are poison, that’s my new postulate, things don’t suddenly turn beneficial or turn poisonous at slightly different doses.
2. It is not a vitamin, but supposed to be a hormone. Hormones are bad to take, because the body makes less.
3. The opposite of Vitamin C, which our body cannot make, our bodies actually make Vitamin D, so why is it even called a vitamin, instead of what it is, either a hormone, or a poison?
4. It is said that the form of D our bodies make, both from sunlight, and also from natural foods, which also contain a natural form, are different from the synthetic form.
5. Vitamin D has a mechanism of action that makes it poisonous, it puts calcium into the soft tissues where it does not belong. It also causes kidney damage, and other organ damage in the soft tissues. And nobody wants a calcified pineal gland, which essentially destroys it, and nobody wants calcified arteries, leading to heart disease.
6. Three of the best things for the joints and bones do the exact opposite of synthetic D: they pull calcium from the soft tissues, and put it into the bones. So vitamin D should actually be bad for the bones, since it does the opposite of things that are actually good for the bones.
7. I have experimented with high vitamin D in the past, taking 0, 1, or 4-5 D capsules at once, and it flat out never makes me feel good, and I have no personal positive testimony about it.
8. Like everything in our world, there are two sides to every story. There are the pro D voices and the anti D voices. Liars exist. Liars appear to be the most dominant voices in our world at this point in time; they are the mainstream. We have to be able to deal with controversy, and discern the truth. It could be that “Vitamin D” is simply an attempt to discredit vitamins in general, or piggyback on their success like a Trojan horse, or an attempt to poison people who are into vitamins, or an attempt to just generally weaken and destroy people in general, along with fluoride, etc.
9. Vitamin D is “mainstream”. It is not censored. There are many fortified Vitamin D foods, namely milk, and even orange juice, and breakfast cereals; and most multivitamin pills, which are the worst ones. In contrast, there are almost no foods fortified with iodine and copper, my top two supplements I have found most successful in boosting my health. Milk is often said to be “unhealthy” and many people cannot tolerate milk; maybe it’s the vitamin D fortification causing so many of the problems.
10. We don’t need artificial D for “strong bones”. Many other minerals do that job far better. Silica. Boron. Copper. Magnesium. B vitamins, herbs, etc.
11. Many super health gurus are decidedly against Vitamin D and do not recommend it.
12. I just joined a facebook group that is against Vitamin D.