We heal DURING SLEEP! I used to have insomnia, but these days, I sleep like a baby! IF YOU ARE BEING ABUSED, YOU ARE NOT HEALING UP, YOU ARE BEING TORN DOWN! If the best person in your life is tearing you down, leave, and find someone who will lift you up. Here are my sleep aids:
- Quiet and dark. This should be standard, of course.
- In the evenings, begin the time period for relaxation, especially for the kids. Lower the volume of the lights and the sounds, it’s “quiet time” every evening.
- Avoid blue light in the evening. Use the blue light adjustment for your computer monitor and cell phone.
- Magnesium and a bit of calcium in the evenings helps relaxation time. Either a multi magnesium in a pill, or also magnesium chloride applied to the skin.
- Salt helps. The reason why salt is good is that it helps you retain water, so that you won’t be getting up to go to the bathroom, which interrupts sleep.
- Zinc before bed. Zinc is a more powerful relaxation mineral than magnesium. I should probably list zinc first. Better sleep helps boost testosterone, which also helps you heal faster. Zinc also boosts testosterone.
- Massage at night. I do a mild isometric stretching plus massage, with coconut oil on naked skin on a towel in my room. This is so luxurious. And it gets you very much in touch with your body. As you get good at this, you will realize you are more effective than another person can be. You can hit your own body with just the perfect amount of pressure. Give yourself 20-30 minutes of this life luxury; it’s so worth it. I did this nearly daily for about 3 months, to no ill effect. It not only greatly improves the joints, but it heals the muscles so well. It also stimulates and cleanses the lymph system, which needs to flow. You have three times more lymph than blood. This detoxes you and heals you. The massage, in the beginning, while it’s detoxing you, can really lay you out. Later, after you detox, the sleep inducing effect is much less, especially as you get into it and learn to tolerate a more vigorous massage. Later, as you tone it down, it’s just “relaxing” again, but not so much “knock you out involuntarily forcing you to sleep” as it once was at the beginning. It’s amazing how we adjust to things.
- Lavender essential oil. Frankincense essential oil. Either just the smell, or applying a few drops to a teaspoon of oil and applied to the skin.
- Hot shower at night.
- Cooling off under a fan.
- DMSO (sulfur) and Diatomaceous Earth (silica). Both detox. Both are good for joints. Sulfur also is a powerful anti inflammatory, and healing agent and an actual pain reliever. Not a pain blocker, a pain reliever. Silica and sulfur both help stop sweating.
- Yogurt. Oatmeal. Turkey. Banana. Milk. –Pick one food, or none at all.
- Camomile tea. Kava tea. — Pick one tea.
- Melatonin. Cherries are a natural source of melatonin. Also, sun exposure during the day.
- CBD Oil! I started this recently (no THC content) and I was surprised at the increased depth of sleep.
- Light Isometrics. Like standing on one foot for 30 seconds. Downward dog for 15 seconds. Back bridge for 15 seconds. Lunge for 10 seconds. Not so difficult that you break out sweating.
If nothing is working: Prayer. Give your worries to God. Ask him for advice, guidance, direction, help.